B
Posted By
BruceAllen0
Jan 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I started Elements 2/Win today, I got a message box saying "Updating Adobe online components from Adobe.com." Then nothing happened. This has happened now five times. Each time nothing downloads and my machine just freezes.

Please help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy_S
Jan 5, 2004
Bruce,

Do yourself a favor and change the setting in Preferences for Adobe Online to NEVER check for updates. There aren’t any anyway.
B
BruceAllen0
Jan 5, 2004
Thank you, Nancy. The problem was that I couldn’t get past the update to find Preferences. I figured out how to do this, though, and will do it now.
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 5, 2004
Bruce,

It is the best way to go.
SA
Stephen_Alger
Jan 7, 2004
I have a MAC. When I firt installed the program, there were indeed some updates, a JPEG 2000 plug in and new recipes. I had no problem downloading them. Alas, I had to reinstall everything on my computer and I forgot to save the updates. Unfortunately, when I have tried Adobe’s update, I have had the same problem. I get a message than an unknown error occurred.
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 7, 2004
If they still have the jpg2000 offered, grab it from the Adobe site.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 7, 2004
JPEG2000 was pulled as a free download quite a while ago, so you won’t be able to get that one. And, there shouldn’t be any updates to PSE 2, but there are complaints that some people are getting an error message instead of simply being told there’s nothing to download. I suggest you go to Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online and set the frequency to Never, if you haven’t already done that.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 7, 2004
is JPEG 2000 even compatible with browsers yet ?
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 7, 2004
It’s not very useful. If you and I both had it and wanted to exchange photos it might be useful, but very few programs can read it yet. Or at least that’s the way I understand it.
J
jhjl1
Jan 7, 2004
I saved some by accident with PSP and can only view them within PSP at this point. It doesn’t appear to be taking off as a format.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 7, 2004
wrote in message
is JPEG 2000 even compatible with browsers yet ?

Jodi

With a few but not enough for me to use it on any of our Challenge web site.

Grant

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections