Posted By
hennig
Jan 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

does anyone know if it degrades the quality of an image if I open an JPG-File, change the IPTC-Information (copyright, keywords) and then save it as a JPG again?
The pixels itself will not be changed and the JPG-Settings will be exactly the same.

Thanks in advance for any help

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
tacitr
Jan 19, 2004
does anyone know if it degrades the quality of an image if I open an JPG-File, change the IPTC-Information (copyright, keywords) and then save it as a JPG again?

Any time you use Photoshop to do a save-as with a JEG, there is additional degredation. Even if you do not change a single pixel.

You need to find a tool which will change this information losslessly; there should be such tools available.

Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
R
Rick
Jan 19, 2004
"Tacit" wrote in message

Any time you use Photoshop to do a save-as with a JEG, there is additional degredation. Even if you do not change a single pixel.

You need to find a tool which will change this information losslessly; there should be such tools available.

Search for Irfanview32.

Rick
G
Gene
Jan 20, 2004
On 19 Jan 2004 07:37:43 -0800, (H. Wargalla) wrote:

Hello,

The pixels itself will not be changed and the JPG-Settings will be exactly the same.

Thanks in advance for any help

Iptc information can be edited without opening and closing the jpeg.

One example is Photoshop CS. Its’ browser now supports editing of IPTC fields.

If anyone is curious, IPTC = International Press Telecommunications Council. www.iptc.org

Gene–

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections