Posted By
Claudia_Jindra
Jan 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please answer the following question:
I’d like to print four postcards on photo-paper A4. What do I have to do to print the paper allover without having a white margin around?
Thanks lot!!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 11, 2004
If I understand your question correctly, you’re talking about borderless printing. That’s a capability that not all printers have. If you’ll post some information about the printer itself, someone else may be able to answer your question more specifically. Add platform and operating system info, too, please.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jan 11, 2004
Claudia,
I have PE v.1. I go to File>automate>picture package and select the options available to me there. To have a satisfactory print, you should have your source picture file with a resolution of about 240 PPI.
I doubt that you can produce (even a single) picture without a white border on the customary home printer, unless you happen to have one that is designed to print in a borderless fashion. My advice is to trim the excess with a paper cutter.
Ken
R
ruizpaul
Jan 12, 2004
HP Photosmart printers print borderless. I use the 7660 ($149). I’ve printed 4×6 thru 8½x11 borderless. I believe the 7260 for $100 will also do it, but the max resolution is lower.

Paul
JH
Jim_Hess
Jan 12, 2004
According to the HP website, the resolution of those two printers is the same. The 7660 has a few more bells and whistles and prints a little bit faster, but the quality of print and the resolution will be the same on either one. I have the predecessor, the 7150, and I get excellent results from it.
CJ
Claudia_Jindra
Jan 12, 2004
Thanks lot, Paul!
I’ll try with my HP.
Claudia
CJ
Claudia_Jindra
Jan 12, 2004
Thank you, too, Jim.
Claudia

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections