R
Posted By
ricblackwell
Aug 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use a text box and I input text, the line I am typing does not stop at the border of the text box and then return to the next line. Instead the type keeps going beyond the box. I can’t see it outside the text box, but it does not stop and go to the next line. I’ve never had this problem before so maybe I hit a setting by mistake. Any thoughts why it is doing this.

Thanks,

Merictay

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 6, 2004
What’s your leading? Too high I bet.
R
ricblackwell
Aug 6, 2004
Thanks Ed for your response. I do not know what you mean by "what’s your leading?" Is that a setting and how do I make it not so high.

Thanks,

Merictay
R
Ram
Aug 6, 2004
With your Text Tool selected, look at the Character Palette. Look at the icon on the right-hand column that has two letters ‘A’ , one above the other, separated by a vertical arrow. That’s your LEADING (pronounced ‘ledding’). Set it to Auto rather than a number.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 7, 2004
Typography terms; good to know:

<http://store.adobe.com/type/topics/glossary.html>
RD
Randy_D._Phillips
Aug 19, 2004
It’s not a leading problem – most of my Photoshop 7.0 documents are doing this in Photoshop CS – major problem – looking for a solution myself.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 19, 2004
There used to be a problem with type not showing in earlier versions. The solution was to change the antialiasing setting in the dropdown in the Options Bar. I wonder if that would help?

Aside from that there’s always trashing prefs.

BTW, does it al3ways do it with certain fonts or any font?
RD
Randy_D._Phillips
Aug 19, 2004
Changing the antialiasing does not help – what happens is – I will have a paragraph of text – when I update the the type layer all but the first couple of lines go away and can’t be recovered. I have had an instance where the typ was there, but i had to expand the type box – in another, the type was there in ImageReady, but not in Photoshop.
Might do a re-install or trash prefs – thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections