Missing many File>automate items: HELP!!!

ST
Posted By
S Taylor
Aug 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have used PS cs since last November without problems. Suddenly, I am missing all my File>Automate items except: Batch, PDF Presentation, and Create Droplet.

Photomerge, Fit Image etc do not present (not dimmed, just absent).

I tried deleting the prefs (Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp), but to no avail.

Should I do a reinstall of PS?

OS 10.3.4 G5 DP 2.5 gb ram.

Thanks for any help,

Sonny

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

ST
S Taylor
Aug 9, 2004
As a follow-up, the missing Photomerge, and Fit Image are in the PS CS Plug-ins:Adobe Photoshop Only:Automate folder, but NOT accessible by the File>Automate menu.

If I should have to reinstall PS, should I remove anything first? Is there an uninstall on the CS CD? Or, does it reinstall over existing parts?

TIA,

Sonny

I have used PS cs since last November without problems. Suddenly, I am missing all my File>Automate items except: Batch, PDF Presentation, and Create Droplet.

Thanks for any help,

Sonny
ST
S Taylor
Aug 9, 2004
Solved!

For some reason the "Adobe Photoshop Only" folder was inside the "ImageReady Only" Folder. Maybe I accidently moved it when adding actions or plug-ins. Wouldn’t do that consciously.
Couldn’t have gone there on its own.

Sonny

As a follow-up, the missing Photomerge, and Fit Image are in the PS CS Plug-ins:Adobe Photoshop Only:Automate folder, but NOT accessible by the File>Automate menu.

If I should have to reinstall PS, should I remove anything first? Is there an uninstall on the CS CD? Or, does it reinstall over existing parts?

TIA,

Sonny

Thanks for any help,

Sonny

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections