Changing languages / keyboard layouts in Photoshop 7 ?

OR
Posted By
Otto_Roberson
Aug 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

My problem is that I cannot enter decimal places into the menu: Image > Rotate Canvas > arbitrary…

I recently purchased an iBook G4 with a Spanish keyboard, running OS 10.3 (Panther), with English selected as the primary language for applications.

I have a US version of Photoshop, with the update to 7.0.1 installed.

On my old iBook with the US keyboard, I am able to enter decimal values, such as .25, for the degrees to rotate the image.

I tried searching the FAQ and other topics but have come up blank, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Otto Roberson

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Aug 9, 2004
Otto,

You don’t change keyboard layouts in Photoshop but rather at the OS level. I’m not at my Mac right now, but it’s somewhere in System Preferences > International. If you haven’t figured it out in the next ten hours or so, I’ll be back at my Mac later this evening.
OR
Otto_Roberson
Aug 10, 2004
I finally figured it out.

I had the units in Photoshop set to metric. To enter decimal places, I needed to use the comma instead of a period. (Thanks to my wife who is Spanish for reminding me.)

I changed the units back to inches and everything works as before.

Otto

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections