RT
Posted By
Ralph Tomaccio
Aug 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to get some PSD and TIF files from my Mac to Windows XP Pro via CD and cannot open the files with Windows, even though the files have been saved in ISO 9660 format and have the suffix added to each.

Everytime I try to open them I get a message that says the file is not a valid Photoshop document in the case of PSD’s or that it is not a tif file in cases where it is, in fact, a tif.

Any idea what’s going on here and how to correct this?

Thanks,
Ralph

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 1, 2003
First, make sure you are not trying to open from the CD. Move them to your HD.

Next, it may have to do with how they were saved. For PSD’s, under Edit|Preferences, you should have Mazimize compatability for PSD’s checked. For Tiff’s, there’s a "Byte Order" option, one for Mac, one for PC – that may be an issue.

Once on your hard drive, see if the tiff will open in anything else.

Peace,
Tony
KH
keri herman1
Aug 1, 2003
This may be a silly question, but did you add the file extention yourself, or did you have it added in the save on your macintosh?
I only ask because I once tried to just rename a file and call it a .psd, but that isn’t the same as appending the file extention during the save.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections