Posted By
Larry_Benson
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all-

After years working in 6 I have developed a weird problem. With PS running if I try to open a file (image, camera download, image on a cd) PS freezes and will not open the image. With PS running I can click on the image and open it if it is a PS file. The mac does not freeze and the pointer still moves, but I could wait for days before the file opens.

Things I’ve tried.
1. rebuilt my desktop – still running 9.1 (I know)
2. ran disk first aid.

The problem is still there.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
larry

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Aug 20, 2004
Larry, the comments below regarding servers also apply to working off removable media, like CDs. Hope this helps.

If you are opening files over a network or saving them to a network server, cease and desist immediately. That’s a BIG no-no.

See:

Buko "Issues When Working from Networks or Removable Media" 3/23/03 11:02am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

and:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/19dd2.htm?code=TA>

Copy the CLOSED file from your server to your local HD, work on it, save it again to your HD, close it, and copy the closed file back to the server.
J
jonf
Aug 20, 2004
At least upgrade to 9.2.2 which is more stable than 9.1

Also, have you trashed preferences? You might try trashing preferences for File Sharing as well as for PS.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections