TS
Posted By
Todd_Stewart
Jan 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The Adobe Updates feature used to work correctly, but lately when I go to Help…Updates I get an error message that the file could not be downloaded and to check my internet connection. There is no problem with my internet connection. I reinstalled the latest version of Adobe Updates and that did not resolve the problem. Any ideas how to fix this?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 26, 2004
Best solution is to go to Preferences>Adobe online and select ‘never’.

I really think you can live without these updates. Many here have had the same experience that you do. I never check for updates anymore. Life is wonderful.
BL
bob_lemon
Jan 27, 2004
As I remember, you have to dl an update for that feature to work. I havent seen any updates in over a year now. You can check out this page for more info. <http://www.adobe.com/adobeonline/main.html>
HM
Henry_Mamdac
Jan 28, 2004
I am a new user of PSE2, installed this past weekend. I have not had the problem connecting to Updates, but today I tried to use Online Services for the first time (following the thread on JPEG2000 plug-in) and get the message that there was an unexpected error connecting to the server, and suggesting I check my Internet options in the control panel. Obviously internet options are fine since Updates connects to the Adobe server just fine. Anyone know what the issue may be?
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 28, 2004
Henry,

No, but the same thing happened to me when I tried doing the same thing today. It may be a temporary problem on Adobe’s end or something that needs to be brought to their attention. I’m going to try again over the next couple of days.
J
JRS
Jan 28, 2004
It happens all the time – at least more often than not. The update routing or Adobe’s update servers are shaky I reckon!

Jon

wrote in message
Henry,

No, but the same thing happened to me when I tried doing the same thing
today. It may be a temporary problem on Adobe’s end or something that needs to be brought to their attention. I’m going to try again over the next couple of days.
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 28, 2004
Henry,

I tried the download of the JPEG 2000 this morning. It’s working now.

Or least for the moment.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jan 28, 2004
Never mind…wrong spin for this thread.

Mac

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections