CL
Posted By
christine_Law
Jan 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t figure out how to print photos on my Epson Stylus Photo 960 using Epson Glossy 4 x 6 photo paper with perforated edges (so41671) using the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 which came with my printer. It was listed as a paper size on my old Adobe Photo Shop which I unfortunately trashed. Help!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 26, 2004
Christine, the paper size should be listed in the Properties for your printer; the button for Properties should appear when you get to the Print screen in Elements. Do you see it listed there?

Chuck
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 26, 2004
The secret should lie in your page set up settings. You also need to make sure that your printer is selected within page set up. There should be a menu within page set up that shows all the options available on your printer. This was the tip that was given to me my the camera store sales clerk and I assume it applies to both Mac and PC.

I recently tried this on my Epson 890, Mac with OS 10.3 and it worked quite well.
CL
christine_Law
Jan 27, 2004
When I get to the print screen in Elements it only says 4×6 as a choice. In my earlier form of AdobePhoto Shop it also listed a 4×6 photo as a size. The 4×6 photo did then print a 4×6 photo on my epson paper (with perforated edges). Elements 2 does not!! It does not print within the parameters of the perforations! I am using OS 9.2, not 10 on my imac!
CL
christine_Law
Jan 27, 2004
I have an Epson Photo 960 and am using OS 9.2, not O 10. It does not work with this printer. On the earlier version of Adobe PhotoShop which I used on a previous printer, there were two choices, 4×6 and 4×6 photo. If I chose 4×6 photo, it printed correctly within the perforations of the Epson Photo Paper (with perforations!) If I choose 4×6 on Photoshop Elements 2.0, it does not print within the perforations nor does it produce a 4×6 print!
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 27, 2004
Christine,

Your "earlier version" of Photoshop, you sure it wasn’t Adobe Photodeluxe?
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 27, 2004
Christine,

I wrote the following in response to someone else trying to print a 4×6. Though the starting size of his image from camera may be different than yours, you should be able to see how this works. If you would like to post your exact image measurements and resolution, we can work through this for your situation.

I too use an Epson printer. I run Windows XP.
——————–
Using your dimensions of 22×15" at 72 resolution from memory card, to resize to 4×6…

* make a duplicate of your image and close the original
* have the Layers Palette permanently visible on right side of workarea * double click the ‘background’ layer and accept offer to rename it Layer 0 * edit image as desired
* might be a good idea to save at this point
* with image still open…
* Go to Image Resize from Image on menu
* With Resample UNCHECKED, change only one variable, change the long side to 6" and let the other variables fill in
* image now 6 x 4.09" at 264 resolution
* Ok that
* when your dimensions are a little more than desired:
* get the rectangular marquee
* under Style, change to Fixed
* type in 4 and 6 respectively
* click on image, with cursor inside selection lines you can drag box around to include the portion which will comprise the image
* Image>Crop
* File>Save As>assign a name different than the original With my Epson this is how I print (I use Edit>Settings>No Color Mgmt)
* File>Print In Print Screen
* Source = Doc. Untagged RGB
* Print Space = Printer Color Management
* click on Setup On Page Setup Screen
* click on Properties On Properties Screen
Main Tab set to;
* media type>choose your printing paper
* mode>click radio button for Custom
* click Advanced On Advanced Screen
* print quality> photo 720 or photo 1440
* color mgnt>Color Controls
* Gamma>1.8
* UNcheck High Speed

I get very good results with this scheme. My monitor is calibrated with the Adobe Gamma Utility and the profile it created is loaded

Nancy
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 27, 2004
Christine,

This thread might have some info for you…
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 27, 2004
Doesn’t this have to do with printer drivers and not the program ? With my Epson the choices are all the same in any program…4X6photo, 4X6 photo no preferations.
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 27, 2004
Jodi,

It isn’t the program, it is a driver issue as you say.
RC
Richard_Coencas
Jan 27, 2004
Christine,

Jodi and Nancy are absolutely right. You just set up your image to be a 4"x6" document and then in the printer driver you should be selecting the paper type. You may want to make sure you have the latest drivers for your printer.

Rich
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 27, 2004
It’s a good day, our Adobe Guy has his wings over the forum…
JD
Juergen_D
Jan 27, 2004
If the printer driver for some reason does not give you the 4×6 with perf option, a print layout could be set up which then can be accessed via >Print Layouts >Picture Package. I’ll be glad to figure it out and try it if somebody can give me exact measurements of the paper (overall dimensions).

Juergen
CL
christine_Law
Jan 27, 2004
Thanks to everyone. I will try again. Yes, it probably was Adobe Photodeluxe! I will also try the search using "perforation"
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 27, 2004
Juergen

My setting on the Epson 890 for a 4×6 with perforations is

4.47×6.47

hth
JD
Juergen_D
Jan 27, 2004
Mark,

Thanks. I have been playing with some assumed measurements and I can’t get Print Layout to work with them. Either I am not thinking straight or there are some size limitations in Elements. It’s probably me. 🙁

Juergen
CL
christine_Law
Jan 28, 2004
Since i could never find 4×6 photo in my choices for paper size in Adobe Elements 2, I went to page setup, then customize and created my own size. Although it is not perfect, the size became 11.43 cm x 17.78 cm and the margins became .32 on top, 2.0 on the bottom, .50 on the left and .32 on the right. This was as close as the program would allow me to go. When I print using these settings on the perforated 4×6 paper, it lines up with the bottom and left perforations, but I have to trim the other two sides. Oh well, at least it is saved and i don’t have to figure it out each time. Thanks again to everyone.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections