TG
Posted By
Ty_George
Jul 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey guys, i’m pretty new to photoshop…I’m trying to duplicate parts of the background of an image of water (pre-sunset with sky and what not) to cover up a picture of someone in the photo (so basically instead of having the person in the photo, its just a solid background of sunset and water…). What kind of tricks can I do to find a way to make the water look more natural…i tried the duplicate a section but every time I paste there is this slight but noticeable border or indent around the outside of the section or when I us the patern maker it just doesn’t quite look right…let me know!

thanks!

Tyler

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GD
george_dingwall
Jul 22, 2006
Hi Tyler,

Try the clone, healing, spot healing or patch tools.

Hope this helps.
ND
Nick_Doyle
Jul 23, 2006
hey i know what you’re saying. In addition to Georges advice, I would get a soft brush with a setting of "0%" hardness. Then, do what you did, copy a section of the ocean out, paste it over the person you want out. Then, take the brush and go over the edges of the "pasted-ocean" layer. Also, use the adjustment tools. Match the saturation, brightness/contrast, levels, you know, things of that sort.
If you post a picture, maybe I can play around with it.

By the way, it sucks being new to photoshop. But stick with it and you’ll love it. Trial and Error mostly.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections