JM
Posted By
Jennifer_Mazloom
Aug 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is the parser module. Why do I always get the error "cannot open because the parser module cannot parse the file"?

It is a huge matter. I cannot open eps images I am downloading from client website.

Can this be fixed. I am on 10.2.8 and PS 7.0.1

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 26, 2004
Because the EPS file you’re trying to parse couldn’t be parsed. (in simpler terms: something is wrong with the EPS file, or it’s not really an EPS file in the first place).
JM
Jennifer_Mazloom
Aug 26, 2004
I know that, But it happens to files I have created on this computer as well.
R
Ram
Aug 26, 2004
Jennifer,

If you have NAV (Norton Anti Virus) active, disable it or trash it.
G1
guest_101
Aug 26, 2004
I’m having the same problem. I am exporting a graph (in Deltagraph) as an EPS file and trying to open it in acrobat and I am getting the same message. I’m almost certain that this computer does not have NAV. Can it possible be something wrong with either deltagraph or acrobat?
JM
Jennifer_Mazloom
Aug 26, 2004
Ramon, I wil try that and let you know if it works. But it is making sense now, thinking back it did all start when I installed NAV
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 27, 2004
Try the ultimate can-opener: Illustrator.

Open a new Illustrator file and "Place" the errant EPS. Export to Photoshop or Save As a PDF.

If that still doesn’t work, you are probably out of luck.
JM
Jennifer_Mazloom
Aug 30, 2004
Yeah! Turning off NAV worked!!!
R
Ram
Aug 30, 2004
Jennifer,

Glad it worked. Actually, I was pretty confident that it would. 🙂

My practice is to never let anything with the Norton name reside on my hard disk. It’s OK to use Norton Disk Doctor off the CD.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections