R
Posted By
ridge362002
Aug 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a piece of art work from Illustrator that I want wrapped around a picture of a coffee cup in Photoshop(needs to look realistic). Do I need to use a filter for this or a plug in(to distort the image being wrapped around the cup)? I’m using the latest version of Photoshop.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jonf
Aug 30, 2004
Photoshop isn’t really a 3-D program but you could use the liquify filter to try to match the shape of your cup. You’ll need to extract shading and highlights from the cup image and overlay them in additional layers with appropriate transparency settings to try to get the "wrapped" image to look realistic.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if someone has a recommendation for a plug-in that might make this easier for you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections