W
Posted By
willyp933
Sep 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Well guys, I’m new to photoshop 5.0. I admit it. So I have new-guy-questions for ya ;).

I am NOT, however, new to things like BMP, PNG, JPEG, etc. I know that all these types can go on the web to be displayed as site graphics. PNG is what I am aiming to get here, but when I flatten my image (it had about 8 layers, if it matters) and save it as a PNG (to my jump-drive; a thing that goes in your USB port and acts like a very quick CD burner.), it isn’t read-able in this computer (mac).

Does it have anything to do with the fact that it’s a "Photoshop" Png and not just a png?

I dont want any crap about PNG sucks don’t use it…that’s my problem. Can someone please help me?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 1, 2004
What happens if you save to your local drive and then pull it over to the Jump?
B
Buko
Sep 1, 2004
Read the FAQs there is a thread about this type of thing.
W
willyp933
Sep 1, 2004
did, but it’s all so cluttered…i must have missed it.

So i’ll just keep this alive, and meanwhile look for the FAQ version of this.

Uh…I don’t think that would make a difference, saving to HD then to JumpDrive…
G
graffiti
Sep 1, 2004
I believe Buko was referrring to the FAQ at the top of the list.

Ramón G Castañeda "Issues When Working from Networks or Removable Media" 3/31/04 1:23pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/13>
W
willyp933
Sep 1, 2004
FAQ-Frequently Asked Questions.

Are you talking about the Forum faqs, or is he talking about Adobe.com faqs? This would help… if it’s the forum faqs, can you tell WHAT the topic is called? cause none of them are around what i’m looking for, but he says that mine’s in there…
thanks guys for your patience and time
B
Buko
Sep 2, 2004
see post #4
W
willyp933
Sep 2, 2004
I can’t find it…what’s the title??
B
Buko
Sep 2, 2004
I can’t find it…what’s the title??

You must be a product of the Bush educational system since you are having trouble reading.

If you read post #4 not only does it tell you what to look for but it gives you a link to the very thing you need to read.
W
willyp933
Sep 2, 2004
That topic doesn’t really answer my question…it’s about gigs of harddrive space or something.

I am asking why can’t my computer read this kind of file? It’s a photoshop png…how do i make it a NORMAL png? or at least a file that a comp can read w/o photoshop?
B
Buko
Sep 2, 2004
If you read the FAQ it tells you don’t save to media.

save to your drive then copy to the media.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 2, 2004
It’s about saving to removable media. I think it might very well make a difference if you save to your hard drive first then pull it over to the jump drive.

Must be a product of the liberal education system destroyed by the NEA.
W
willyp933
Sep 2, 2004
saved to my HD, then dragged it over to my removable drive. STill doesn’t work. Suggestions?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 2, 2004
When you say it doesn’t work, what do you mean? It doesn’t open? It’s not there?

BTW if you start a paragraph with a lower case "i" on this forum it drops the "i" and makes the rest or the post in italics.

like this.
R
Ram
Sep 2, 2004
dont want any crap about PNG sucks don’t use it…that’s my problem.

Yes, it is.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections