KW
Posted By
Kassie_Wells
Jul 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a similar question… it seems that sometimes when I make a path, I don’t even have the option to stroke it with the paint-brush tool. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Jul 18, 2006
Kassie…

With your Pen Tool, or either of your path selection arrows active, hold the Control key and click on the path to open a contextual menu under your cursor.

"Stroke Path…" will be available there.

But, you have to set the parameters of the tool you want to stroke the path with before you open that contextual menu.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 18, 2006
EZ way– choose a brush to your liking and hit Enter.
KW
Kassie_Wells
Jul 19, 2006
Thanks for the suggestions… unfortunately I tried them both and the problem still remains. I have a pixel width and opacity that isn’t 0% set for the brush, so I don’t think that’s the issue. Also, when I used the path menu by using the mouse/Control key, the "Stroke Path…" and "Fill Path…" options were there, but they are grey and fuzzy/generally not clickable.
CB
charles badland
Jul 19, 2006
Make sure the path you draw is a Path, not a Shape. (Select the Pen Tool and look at its option bar. Choose the Path icon- second one from the left.)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections