A
Posted By
AlexKeaton
Jul 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Bit complicated. I’m trying to figure out the right order for processing my images.

I need to reduce the noise using Noise Ninja.
I need to enlarge them using Genuine Fractals.
And lastly I need to sharpen them.

Do I enlarge first and then run the Noise Ninja? Or do I run Noise Ninja first and then enlarge?

I know sharpening always comes last.

Thanks for your help,
Alex

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jul 22, 2006
Do I enlarge first and then run the Noise Ninja? Or do I run Noise Ninja first and then enlarge?

Generally speaking, a noisy image is seldom worth enlarging to such an extent. Are you really talking digital noise or scanned film grain? Noise Ninja is very good on the former, while Grain Surgery excels at removing the latter.

I would remove film grain with Grain Surgery before upsampling.

As I said, I can’t really see myself upsampling a noisy image; but it would certainly be a very trivial thing to run a couple of tests to see which one works best for you, upsampling before noise reduction or viceversa.
PF
Peter_Figen
Jul 22, 2006
Jettison the GF route. I never seen it look any better than Bicubic Smoother, and often times a lot worse. I would upsample first and then run Noise Ninja. It works great on both digital noise and film grain, plus it’s very fast – at least on a fast box. You may be surprised at how good a job of sharpening NN does on its own. Experiment. Have fun. It’s cheap.
A
AlexKeaton
Jul 28, 2006
Anyone else been using Genuine Fractals with Noise Ninja?
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 29, 2006
yea

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections