GF
Posted By
Gary_Forsdick
Sep 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve had a similar yet different problem on my laptop, where I’ve run a monitor calibration using GretagMacbeth Eye-One Display 2. The colours and tones now look brilliant! However, if I view an image in Photoshop (Elements 4) it makes all the blues shift to look rather violet-purple. Viewing the same image in the Picture & Fax viewer or anything else, it looks fine.

I’ve trawled through the PSE menus and settings and the only thing I could find was the "Color Settings" option. When set to "No Color Management" the colours seem ok… but not when I try editing a TIFF with a non-sRGB colour space because it (obviously) ignores the colour space. There’s some other bizarre behaviour when saving to JPEGs with embedded colour spaces too so it’s interesting behaviour but not a solution.

So, it would appear that PSE is using the ICC profile that i1 has created but either using it incorrectly or the i1 ICC profile is incompatible…?
Any thoughts?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 15, 2006
That means that the display profile you build is bad – you need to rebuild the display profile using the Eye-One, and if that doesn’t work you need to contact GretagMacBeth about returning the defective unit.

(Picture&Fax viewer doesn’t use the profile!)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections