WW
Posted By
w_westfall
Jan 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have many JPG images that are 24X16 inches at 72 pixels per inch. I would like to crop an image to approximately 3X2 inches, then copy the image, then paste it into a Word document. When I try to paste into Word, I get a note that says the image is too large. I have tried all kinds of "size" changes in the Image Size window. How do I reduce the size so I can copy and paste successfully?
I’m new to Elements, and never had the problem using PhotoPaint. Of course, I’m doing something wrong — but what?
Thanks,
Wendell

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 29, 2004
Wendell, an image that 24 x 16 at 72 ppi is 1728 pixels by 1152 pixels or about 2 megapixels overall. What you need may be an image in the size range of 800 pixels by 533 pixels. Try going into Image>Resize>Image size and, with the Resample box checked, change the pixel dimensions in the top section to 800 on the long side (the short side will set itself). Hit OK, Save as a JPEG with a new name, and drag into Word. See if that gets you around the size limit.

Chuck
WW
w_westfall
Jan 29, 2004
Thanks, Chuck! Your instructions worked perfectly for me.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 29, 2004
Wendell, I’m glad it worked, and thanks for coming back here to confirm it. Next time it crops up we’ll have an answer ready to go!

Chuck

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections