J
Posted By
Joko
Aug 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I photographed a building at dusk with all lights lit, but the windows don’t have the warm glow i’m needing. what is the best way to create the warm glow? i’ve selected the windows, feathered and tweaked the curves, but the added noise is objectionable. any better ideas with less noise damage? thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PF
Peter_Figen
Aug 22, 2006
Is this shot on film or digital? If digital, did you shoot raw? With digital, I would have shot separate exposures for the building and the windows and then combined them later. If you only have one raw image, you can process it multiple times for different parts of the image. If film, you can rescan for different parts. If you’ve got too much noise, and it came from a digital capture, you are probably underexposed to begin with. Try Noise Ninja. It works wonders.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 22, 2006
Get the airbrush out.
BB
by_Buko
Aug 22, 2006
what Peter said.

if the the pic is RAW use the color temp to get the warmth you want.
JF
john_findley
Aug 23, 2006
Since you’ve already Selected the windows, you can experiment with Blending Modes. too.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 23, 2006
One way to do this is to make a duplicate layer in Screen mode and layer-mask-out all but the windows.
Then add a Hue/Sat Adj. layer and Colorize and lighten.
Some Gaussian Blur on the Windows adds some glow and completes the effect.

(Or you could do that overall; create a History Snapshot; Undo; and paint the effect in where needed with the History brush.)
J
Joko
Aug 24, 2006
I did shoot this digital raw. thanks for the suggestions, i’ll give it a go.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections