SP
Posted By
steve_peters
Sep 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have printed my one of my portfolios on some Hahnemuhle Photo Rag with my Epson 4800. I need to put some sort of sealant on them to keep them from getting to scuffed up. I have tried Print Sheild, but found that it tended to flatten out the image and did not really do to much to prevent scuffs. Can anyone recommend a good sealant that will not change the overall appearance of my images to much.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BG
barry_gray
Sep 6, 2006
why not go with archival sleeves?
ST
Scott T Martin
Sep 6, 2006
Premier Art ECO Print Shield is available in glossy, satin or matte finishes. Water based and environmentally friendly. Can be applied by brush, rollers or HVLP spray systems. It is not available in a hand held spray can. This is the only protective product recommended by Epson. <http://www.inkjetart.com/premier/eco.html>
SP
steve_peters
Sep 6, 2006
Thanks. Has anyone use this product? I just want to be sure that it does not effect the image to much. Also, I am wondering how applying the gloss would effect a matte paper such as the Hahnemuhle Photo Rag?
B
Buko
Sep 6, 2006
I would think the Gloss finish would be for gloss paper.

I have not used the product.
PF
Peter_Figen
Sep 6, 2006
I use the standard Premier Art Print Shield, which has no designation for gloss or matte. On matte papers, I can’t tell the difference where it’s been sprayed and where it hasn’t. There is literally no difference.
ST
Scott T Martin
Sep 6, 2006
I agree with Peter and am not sure why you are having problems with the non-ECO Print Shield. The ECO version requires a brush, roller or HVLP spray system but if you compare them side by side I think you’ll prefer it. I have a dozen or so clients that use the ECO Print Shield exclusively. Perhaps your local fine art printing shop can show you their side by side comparisons.
SP
steve_peters
Sep 7, 2006
What about Glamour II? Has anyone tried that or compared it to the ECO?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections