PK
Posted By
Paul_Knaak
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Folks, I’m running Elements 2 in OS10.2.6 I had the layers and file browser palettes disappear from the palette well. I tried restoring the preferences to default settings and re setting palettes to default positions and restarted No good. Any recommendation on how to restore the missing palettes. If I have to re install Elements is there an Uninstall option anywhere? Or do just hunt down all the pieces with the finder?

Thanks

Paul

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BG
Byron Gale
Feb 12, 2004
Paul,

Can you get the two palettes to open up by using the Window menu?

If so, once that palettes are open, click the "More" button in the upper right corner on each, and see if "Close Palette to Palette Well" is selected…. If it is not, then closing the palettes will not show their tabs in the well.

If that’s not it, then post back.

HTH,

Byron
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 12, 2004
Paul,

I suspect that you may have clicked on the icon at the far right hand side of the individual palettes (more) then clicked on "close to palette to pallette well". This in fact is the option to set if you want them in the well or not …. if its ticked they go back there if its not they don’t.

To put them back all you should need to do is Window>Reset Palette locations.

If that doesn’t work and you need to re install then you do have to hunt down the individual files as there isn’t an Uninstall. I had to do it the other day and it wasn’t too bad.

Hope you sort it out
Wendy
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 12, 2004
Hi Byron,

Guess we were typing at the same time … looks like we had the same idea 🙂

Wendy
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 13, 2004
Hi, Wendy.

It is always gratifying for me to come up with the same solution as someone else…. GMTA!!

Byron
PK
Paul_Knaak
Feb 13, 2004
Thanks, Byron and Wendy. I had to delete Elements and ran in a problem installing it again. It will not accept the regestration code eventhough it’s correct. So I’m stuck for now.

Paul
PK
Paul_Knaak
Feb 13, 2004
Problem solved. Go window>layers and Wha la I have a layers Palette! Double thanks to Beth.

Paul

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections