RA
Posted By
Randy_Almand
Sep 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am currently using PS CS and CS2. I have been creating text with 100% horrible results. I have tried all font sizes, 72 up to 300 ppi, I have tried many fonts, and I’ve tried all anti-aliasing. Nothing looks smooth and – everything is extremely pixely. I then opened Illustrator (never used) and type the same font at various sizes… oh how sweet and crisp… but I need PS. I tried creatin the font in Illustrator and then copy it over to PS.. the font goes straight to being major pixelated.. I cannot believe I’m struggling so much with something as simple as text… can anyone help?? Oh PLEASE… thank you.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 15, 2006
Are you evaluating the type on screen or in print?

If the former, how are you viewing the iamge 100%, less? more?
RA
Randy_Almand
Sep 15, 2006
evaluating the type on screen. And I have tried zooming in and out. It all started because I need some small text for a website – 8pt. From 100% zoom, it looked fuzzy so I zoomed in and out and it simply got worse. any suggestions.. hey – thanks for even reponding and probing further… I realy do need help on this
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 15, 2006
For type that small, if you don’t want to use actual text, I’d recommend a pixel based font.
RA
Randy_Almand
Sep 15, 2006
thanks however the issues still applies to larger fonts that I need. And of course I would like a bit of style to it so the fonts of choice have character. Again, they come out crisp and clear in Illustrator, Word, and other programs.. just not PS.. I so don’t understand thanks Cybernetic Nomad…
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 15, 2006
I so don’t understand

Becasue PS works with pixels and the other softwares work with vector objects
PH
Paul_Hokanson
Sep 15, 2006
On screen, viewed at 100 percent, type that is set in Photoshop CS/CS2 SHOULD look sharp since it is vector (until it is rasterized, that is).
B
Buko
Sep 15, 2006
what kind of fonts are they?
L
Larryr544
Sep 15, 2006
Maybe you mean in the options bar when using the text tool to select ‘crisp’ in the pull down menu.
RA
Randy_Almand
Sep 16, 2006
Hi all… I have tried everything.. and I’ve tried various fonts from Arial to fancy. Absolutely no answers yet no matter where I look… I have un-installed and re-installed, I’ve tried anything that that sounds reasonable….

Could it have something to do with my Mac. I tried the fonts at work on a PC and they came out clearn as crystal… what in the world have I done???
B
Buko
Sep 16, 2006
have you messed with font smoothing prefs in System prefs > appearance?
NR
nick_rose
Sep 19, 2006
just what is a pixel based font?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections