PC
Posted By
Peter_Chigmaroff
Sep 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Today when I do a file conversion. eg. tif to jpeg or even tiff to tiff different size, a lot of my IPTC metedata seems to go missing. I see the data in the original image file using bridge or iViewmedia Pro. But after the conversion the data is missing. I’ve done this same routine for a long time and have never had a problem. Has anyone any ideas of what has gone wrong?

Peter

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

KS
Kristen_Sams
Sep 20, 2006
Hi Peter,
What fields are you entering data in and thru what program? Are you using any templates?Are you saving to a server, if so what type? What version of PS and OS are you running? Have you tried it in Photoshop 7 or CS? Are you using any non alpha numeric characters anywhere? ie © or ; or even the return key?

-Kristen
PC
Peter_Chigmaroff
Sep 20, 2006
Kristen,

I did a couple of things since my initial request for information. I upgraded to the latest iView release. I had 3.1 and I saw that 3.1.2 was out. Then I went and repaired permissions on my computer. I checked for PS2 upgrades but there was none I needed. I have 10,4,7 OSX. I did this and everything is working again. I’m not too sure what happened, it was not a single event. I lost the better part of a day in productivity. I ordered the latest Disk Warrior. Perhaps it’s time for a bit more medicine.

Thank you so much for your interest and suggestions,

Best,

Peter
R
Ram
Sep 20, 2006
I checked for PS2 upgrades but there was none I needed.

If you are not running 9.0.2, you should. There are enough bug fixes that everybody should update.
PC
Peter_Chigmaroff
Sep 20, 2006
Ramon,

I appreciate the heads up on this. I was counting (naively) on the Adobe Updater for this information. I check for updates and the Updater indicates none. Perhaps a bug to be addressed.

Peter
R
Ram
Sep 20, 2006
Peter,

Don’t ever trust the Adobe updater.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections