Posted By
Toni Toomey
Sep 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks,

Sorry if this question has been asked already, but here goes. I want to sign up for a course on PSCS2 that covers Windoze only. The instructor claims that the differences between CS2 on the Mac and PC are too significant to cover in the course. I know that the differences in Illustrator CS2 on the Mac and PC are minor and can be covered easily in a single course. (I’ve done it.)

So my question…is this instructor just being lazy? Or, are the differences so significant that I could not use my brain and my general knowledge of Adobe products on the Mac and PC to work out the differences myself. The course is limited to basic topics in working with digital photography.

So what say y’all?

Thanks.

T

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bernie
Sep 25, 2006
is this instructor just being lazy?

Yup, that or scared of a platform he doesn’t know.
CS
Carl_Stawicki
Sep 25, 2006
The only differences are OS specific, like open/save dialogs, keystrokes, and the overall "look and feel." They’d need both platforms in class to demonstrate those differences, but they’d be demo’ing the OS’s themselves.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 25, 2006
Perhaps the real question is whether this particular Course, and instructor, is actually worth the fees …?
TT
Toni Toomey
Sep 26, 2006
Thanks for the responses. Yes, I agree on all accounts–especially Cybernetic N and Ann. Carl, when I wrote my courses on Illustrator, I did run into a couple of minor surprises where some of the commands varied from the usual Ctrl (Windoze) = Command (Mac), etc. But those took no effort to include in the course instructions. I’ve decided to take a different course by an instructor I know, who’s work is top notch. Her course goes into more detail about PS than I need right now, but I know it will be time and money well spent.

🙂 T
C
CygnusX1
Sep 27, 2006
This is the sort of stuff that gets me.
My wife is doing an html class and even though the text book for the course has 90% OSX screen shots, the instructor is preaching that doing HTML and web work is more suited for windows.

God forbid I ever end up in a class with an instructor who says something so ignorant.
P
Phosphor
Sep 27, 2006
… the instructor is preaching that doing HTML and web work is more suited for windows."

Platform preferences and biases aside, how could even a barely competent instructor even THINK such nonsense, let alone pass it along to his students?

Douchebaggery lives on, apparently.
B
Buko
Sep 27, 2006
Douchebaggery lives on, apparently.

long live Douchebaggery!!!
C
CygnusX1
Sep 27, 2006
Exactly, I don’t care if he likes Windows but don’t misinform.

so yes…
long live Douchebaggery!!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections