IO
Posted By
Ingrid Oliphant
Oct 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m glad I’ve found this thread as I’ve got a similar problem, however, no ‘memory’ issues (except my own). I’ve almost run out of space on my C: drive (only 4G of 30 left) and am wondering if anyone has run into any specific problems if they move (drag) CS2 to the D: drive (where I have a whopping 24G available to use). I’ve got DImP 10 on the D: drive and there haven’t been any problems but before I did this with CS2, I figured I’d ask around first to see if I actually need to uninstall/reinstall or if I can just move. If I do need to un/reinstall, how do I know what needs to remain on the C: vs. going to the D:?

Thanks in advance. BTW, this is only a temp solution until I actually get the dream machine so no need to nag! :)~ Ingrid

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BL
Bob Levine
Oct 17, 2006
Don’t do that! Transfer the activation, uninstall, and then reinstall on the D:Drive.

Bob
IO
Ingrid Oliphant
Oct 17, 2006
Okey-doke! That was a quick and emphatic. Thank you so much! 🙂
D
deebs
Oct 18, 2006
I’d aim to never use more than 60% of hard disk space.
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 18, 2006
If I do need to un/reinstall, how do I know what needs to remain on the C: vs. going to the D:?

Bob is absolutely right. You cannot drag a program without breaking it.

As for the reinstall, things that have to go into C will go there automatically. You just need to set the drive to D: (if that is where you want it.) I recommend using the same folder structure it recommends … so if it was C:/user/programs/adobe, make it D:/user/programs/adobe, rather than just D:/

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections