L
Posted By
Lundberg02
Sep 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any reports on this machine? Especially on eyestrain?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AW
Allen_Wicks
Sep 27, 2006
Max 3 GB RAM makes it a poor desktop graphics choice for the future IMO. Otherwise folks seem to love it.
P
Phosphor
Sep 27, 2006
3GB would be PLENTY for MANY users.

Not everyone cranks out 500MB Photoshop files. In fact, I’d be willing to bet it’d be fine for 85% of all Photoshop users.
C
Cindy
Sep 27, 2006
But why not go just a little further and get the Mac Pro? Then you don’t have to worry for a while. The 2.33 is just a couple of hundred more than the iMac 2.33 24".
S
SteveV
Sep 27, 2006
And then you have to go get yourself a 24" monitor as well, it’s a lot more when you add all that up.
L
Larryr544
Sep 27, 2006
The Imac comes with a 24" screen!
AW
Allen_Wicks
Sep 28, 2006
3GB would be PLENTY for MANY users. Not everyone cranks out 500MB Photoshop files. In fact, I’d be willing to bet it’d be fine for 85% of all Photoshop users.

Indeed 3 Gb is plenty for many users – today. But a box bought for future (2007, 2008, 2009…) Photoshop usage constrained to 3 GB of RAM, when PSCS2 already performs better with up to 8 GB of RAM, IMO will prove to be a much less effective purchase. My forecast is that Aperture, PSCS3/PSCS4, OS 10.5 and beyond will make RAM very desirable in the future of our new true 64-bit world.

IMO pros are invariably better off with pro boxes.
R
Ram
Sep 28, 2006
Aperture already does not run on my maxed-out 2GB-of-RAM machine. 🙁
AW
Allen_Wicks
Sep 30, 2006
Aperture’s first major hardware limitation is the graphics card, then RAM. Quad G5s with the stock, not-upgradable 6600 graphics card are virtually useless for Aperture, while my max-graphics G4 Powerbook is actually usable ("adequate"). Best of course are MacIntel boxes with 2 GB or more of RAM.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections