SA
Posted By
Steve_Archbold
Sep 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My foreground and background colours seem to be reversed.

If I select a colour with the eye dropper, the Background colour changes, and if I hold down the Alt key the Foreground colour changes. This is the opposite way round to that stated in the manual. Also, if I changeg colours using the sliders, he background colour changes.

What am I missing? I’ve searched the manual, online resources and prefs, but can’t find a reference to this.

Any ideas on how to put this right, and what’s causing it?

Cheers

Steve

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 27, 2006
In the color palette, select the foreground swatch instead of the background swatch. Yeah, it’s in the manual.
P
Phosphor
Sep 27, 2006
It always pays to read the FAQs:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbf6655>
SA
Steve_Archbold
Sep 27, 2006
No – I have the foreground selected and the focus ring is on the foreground, but the background is being changed.

Steve
B
Buko
Sep 27, 2006
read the FAQ
SA
Steve_Archbold
Sep 27, 2006
I’ve read the faq – this problem is not mentioned

Steve
R
Ram
Sep 27, 2006
THE faq:

Q: When I select the eyedropper tool it sets the back instead of the foreground color.

A: Hit the "X" key or Window>Color click on the color boxes to switch them.
CB
charles badland
Sep 27, 2006
I have the foreground selected and the focus ring is on the foreground, but the background is being changed.

Are you looking at the Toolbar or the Color Palette?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections