DD
Posted By
David_Deckert
Feb 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Gonna spend the big bucks on one of those $20 inro-type online classes, and drag along a friend with me. Which one did you like, and why?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DD
David_Deckert
Feb 21, 2004
Dangit, a typo on my first post!
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 21, 2004
Hi David, I am better than you at typos, I make plenty.
The important thing is that EA is a fantastic school, I have taken many many of their classes and can tell you which ones are the ones you should start out with.
In exactly one year(March) I have come from a beginner who had no clue about anything to sort of a medium PSE operator.
If you want more info about the classes, feel free to e-mail me at Jane
R
Ray
Feb 21, 2004
Same can be said for me too. I joined them last year, and since, I did stuff I always wanted to know how, but could never figure it out on my own.

Ray
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 21, 2004
Ray, I might try them this year – after I look up the word ‘Eclectic’….! πŸ™‚
R
Ray
Feb 21, 2004
I don’t think you’ll regret it. I know I didn’t πŸ™‚

…. and I learned a new word doing so!

Ray
DD
David_Deckert
Feb 23, 2004
Thanks folks. I was half-heartedly fishing around to see if anybody preferred a school other than Eclectic Academy. Don’t have anything against them, it’s just that I don’t know them or any other but realize there must be others to compare to?

Jane, I thought I’d just start at the most basic Intro course. I have a limited grasp of some of the basics but for $20 it would be good to start on a clear footing I suppose.
ML
Marty_Landolt
Feb 23, 2004
DAVID, Jane and Ray certainly know what they are talking about. Both are so good with Elements. I’m enrolled in the mid level class but this is my second go at it … hope I have more time to practice this Spring.
CHUCK, See you in class, but you might be taking the advanced class.

Marty
CS
carl_sutherland
Feb 23, 2004
Chuck,

I urge you to try one of the courses. As soon as you see how effective it can be, you might want to do one with Sara like Ray is going to do starting in a week or two. With your knowledge it might be a dynamite combination.

Just in case there is anybody on the PSE forum that doesn’t understand or know, Ray Robilliard who has contributed so much to this forum will be a co-teacher with Sara Froelich on novel things you can do with PSE. I am signed up and expect a stimulating experience.

David,

I suggest you start with PSE from the Ground Up. I find the courses full and challenging. I was a novice with computers, the internet, and PSE-all are used in the courses. I still have not finished Levels 2 and 3 and going to try Level 2 again this semester. Maybe I’m just lazy or dumb.

I am not related to Ray, Sara, or anyone at Eclectic Academy.

Carl
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 23, 2004
What ever class you start with, you will learn so very much and have tons of fun there. I did start at the very beginning, as I was a total beginner, and took several of Sara’s classes twice.
There is so much to learn and do with PSE, that at first it seemed a bit overwhelming to me, but with the classes, learning step by step, you catch on very quickly. She will start each lesson with an example that you follow carefully, then you try that technique on one of your own photos.
As you progress thru the lessons, you will be amazed at what you can do with PSE! Go for it, and take ’em all.
VIsit this forum daily as you will learn so much here too, that you will be astonished. Most of the class people are here too, and some of the experts will post tutorials and links to more fun stuff. And never hesitate to ask questions here, as they will be helping you and everybody who reads the posts.
Great fun, and I am only one year into this.
Jane
PA
Patti_Anderson
Feb 23, 2004
I took Eclectic Academy’s PSE Level 1 and 2 at the same time. Thought I would be able to keep up with both. I never did get caught up with my homework! I learned so much though, I do not have any regrets.

Patti
R
Ray
Feb 24, 2004
Thanks for the kind word Carl πŸ™‚

I hope I won’t get ban for saying this but, I’m so happy, I need to share it.. I’m going to be an on-line teacher πŸ™‚ Asside from the Elements class I co-authored, I have created another class (not
for PSE though).

Ray
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 24, 2004
Hi Ray, Would you e-mail details to me, this sounds like a lot of fun. I still haven’t taken the Bryce course, and I’m not ready for Illustrator, but I am finally taking GoLive.
What is the name of the class you are teaching besides Crafts? Jane
PA
Patti_Anderson
Feb 24, 2004
I’m going to be an on-line teacher Asside from the Elements class I co-authored, I have created another class (not for PSE though).

Well…what is it? Congratulations, Ray! Judging from how you’ve helped with questions here and on the PSE Students list, I know you are definitely a teacher at heart.

I teach on line classes too and I love it! My classes are very different though, I teach quilting and quilting software classes. Nice thing is, I can teach in my jammies or even if I’m having a bad hair day — ha! Although the classes are in English, I have students from all over the world, so I have to write "good" English. The quilting software students especially are very much a community in and of themselves on the Web. It’s a very rewarding job. Writing classes is very much like writing a software manual/book. And I do spend a LOT of time answering questions. I’ve also learned the fine art of answering vague questions. πŸ™‚

Funny thing, I bought Elements so I could do better pics for my classes. I’m still learning! I came to this forum to ask some questions and I found a community here too.

Patti
J
jhjl1
Feb 24, 2004
Patti after viewing your photos in the challenge I was about to ask you what type of sewing you did but you have answered my question in your reply to Ray.

Have A Nice Day, πŸ™‚
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
news:
PA
Patti_Anderson
Feb 24, 2004
Patti after viewing your photos in the challenge I was about to ask you what type of sewing you did but you have answered my question in your reply to Ray.

Except for the scissors and the quilt block, the items in the photos were my grandma’s. The spool of white thread in the one color photo is a good example of my grandma’s rule to never throw anything away. She used to ravel out and save threads from old clothes and rags!

I’m a very much modern quilter and love all the new gadgets…and of course the software that make the quilting process faster and easier. Hmmm…I just had a brainstorm for another still life.

πŸ™‚ Patti
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 24, 2004
On-line classes have opened up the world for people like me who live in an area which there isn’t much educational opportunity beyond our regular schools, the adults have a hard time finding things.
Its getting better, but we are 65 miles south of Boston. On-line courses have been a godsend for me! Also the fact that a lot of us older folks prefer not to drive after dark, to the night school classes.
Yes, we can do our lessons in our jammies and any time of night or day we want! I love retirement! Thank you to all of you who teach on-line classes! I vote to make you all, Time magazines, "People of the Year"
Jane
ML
Marty_Landolt
Feb 24, 2004
Ray, How great that you can help in the ‘on line’ classes. I’d sign up for anything YOU taught … be it PSE or ESP …
Marty
R
Ray
Feb 24, 2004
Thanks everyone for your support πŸ™‚

It’s a class about the Pen Tool / BΓ©zier Curves. It’s a tool found in Photoshop (full) and Illustrator, as well as CorelDraw, Paint Shop Pro, Corel Painter, Zoner Draw, and countless others. Some people have expressed a desire for a class that would deal with this specific subject, and I was approached to set up the lessons. Once the first 3 lessons were completed, the marketing director approved my work and I got the job!

The class begins in 10 days and I still have lesson #6 to write, and the class intro… VERY STRESSING!

Well, that’s all I’m gonna say about it. More would be advertising it and I surely don’t want to get into these waters… πŸ™‚

Ray
R
Ray
Feb 25, 2004
Jane,

Write to me at this address :

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections