M
Posted By
m7829
Feb 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running Adobe PS 7. The first problems is that I cannot save an image to the web (e.g., jpeg, gif) only as a .psd file. The program returns an assertion error (ambiguous message). It worked fine until this morning when Photoshop automatically updated itself. If I reinstall the program the problem goes away. The second problems is how to turn off the auto updater.

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
bhilton665
Feb 10, 2004

The second problems is how to turn off the auto updater.

That one’s easy 🙂 … Edit > Preferences > Adobe Online and under "Update Options: Check for Updates" choose "Never".

I am running Adobe PS 7. The first problems is that I cannot save an image to the web (e.g., jpeg, gif) only as a .psd file. The program returns an assertion error (ambiguous message). It worked fine until this morning when Photoshop automatically updated itself. If I reinstall the program the problem goes away.

Can’t help you there, sorry … just reinstall and see above for how to disable the auto-updater.

Bill
M
misifus
Feb 11, 2004
Mark F. wrote:
I am running Adobe PS 7. The first problems is that I cannot save an image to the web (e.g., jpeg, gif) only as a .psd file. The program returns an assertion error (ambiguous message). It worked fine until this morning when Photoshop automatically updated itself. If I reinstall the program the problem goes away. The second problems is how to turn off the auto updater.

Thanks.

I had that problem with CS until I changed the bit mode to 8-bit from 16-bit. I also remembered that I had seen here that the extra bits don’t do much for you unless you’re going to certain types of printing.

However, that shouldn’t be affecting version 7.

-Raf

Misifus-
Rafael Seibert
mailto:
http://www.ralphandsue.com
M
m7829
Feb 11, 2004
"Bill Hilton" wrote in message

The second problems is how to turn off the auto updater.

That one’s easy 🙂 … Edit > Preferences > Adobe Online and under
"Update
Options: Check for Updates" choose "Never".
I am running Adobe PS 7. The first problems is that I cannot save an image to the web (e.g., jpeg, gif) only as a .psd file. The program returns an assertion error (ambiguous message). It worked fine until this morning when Photoshop automatically updated itself. If I
reinstall
the program the problem goes away.

Can’t help you there, sorry … just reinstall and see above for how
to disable
the auto-updater.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I will try that.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections