AS
Posted By
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Deleting a file from Bridge just moves the file to the Trash — so you still have a final chance to rescue it.

At least it does, if the file shown in Bridge is actually stored on your own computer.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Oct 14, 2006
Ann,

He said he deleted a whole folder from the server.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 14, 2006
I know he did.

I was just adding an amendment to Phil’s comments concerning Bridge.
R
Ram
Oct 14, 2006
Ann,

You know, Bridge’s behaviour can be very, very misleading in that sense.

My experience has been that, once I move an image to the trash through Bridge, the trash can icon in the Dock remains empty —until I click on the trash can itself to open its window. Otherwise, you’d think the trash can was empty.

That is definitely very different than using the Finder to send a file to the Trash.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 15, 2006
My experience has been that, once I move an image to the trash through Bridge, the trash can icon in the Dock remains empty —until I click on the trash can itself to open its window. Otherwise, you’d think the trash can was empty. >

Yes, that is exactly what it does.
But at least your files are still there — provided that you know to look for them!
R
Ram
Oct 15, 2006
provided that you know to look for them!

Yes, I eventually found that out. The truth is that I have never accidentally trashed a file through Bridge, and for a long time I just thought that it was deleting the files, bypassing the trash can. I was startled to find out one day that there were discarded Photoshop files in what appeared to be a perfectly empty trash can.

Incidentally that’s the way it’s been since the Panther days.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections