Posted By
Martin_Taylor
Oct 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am printing from a Mac OS (PPC) 10.4.8 system running Photoshop CS2 version 9.0.2.

I am printing to an Epson 9800 using the standard Epson drivers.

I get a an error reponse: "could not print "xxxx.psd" because of a Program Error Photoshop does not crash the response is just reported in a dialog box.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Photoshop and the Epson software. I can print to this printer OK from other applications.

Any help debugging this issue much apprciated.

Thanks Martin Taylor

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PF
Peter_Figen
Oct 17, 2006
Martin,

I was actually going to get around to posting the exact same question, but I’ve been too busy. I get the exact same message when printing large files through the Epson driver to my 9800. Of course, the Epson techs lay all the blame on Adobe, and from searches of this forum, it seems that others want to blame the Epson driver. The only solution that seems to work and is a pain in the ass is to set your Photoshop memory allocation to 50 percent and then print. That comes from Epson pro support, but their explanation for why that is a solution doesn’t seem to fly. They claim that the error is from a lack of memory beyond what PS is using, but I get the error with 8 gigs of ram. Maybe Chris or someone else from Adobe can provide some meaningful insight to this annoying problem.

Peter

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections