Creating an action to flatten and save multiple layers of a file?

JJ
Posted By
Jaco_J_Cloete
Oct 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Problem with naming of files when exporting layers as files. When I export layers as files (jpeg) with Photoshop CS for Macintosh I have a problem with the names of the files. I will name my layers exactly as I want them to appear in my finder. This is important when I save castmembers for Flash animations or Director. I will for example name my layers "picture1", "picture2", "picture3" and so on till "picture10". I will make sure that the prefix box is empty before I press run. After completion of the script my file names will look like this. "_0000_picture1.jpg", "_0001_picture2.jpg", "_0002_picture3.jpg" etc. I then have to manualy go and rename every file to get rid of the layer number part of the name.

I suppose this is because of a Photoshop preference that is part of the application defaults. Can I do something to get rid of this? Please help!

Regards Jaco

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

ML
Mark_Larsen
Oct 17, 2006
Steve, are you happy to try this using an AppleScript?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections