Posted By
Steve_Zavodny
Oct 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Folks,

Does Camera Raw apply some sharpening or are we getting untouched native resolution out of camera raw?

The reason I ask is because my nikon NEF files open up much sharper out of camera raw than Nikon Capture NX which is supposed to be their sweet new baby. Nikon believes ACR is adding sharpening.

Even if we up-rez, I also wonder if ACR is adding sharpening. Does ACR up-rez better than CS? How so?

Also is there a preference dialogue for ACR? Haven’t seen one. If these answers are already somewhere, kindly redirect me. Regards,

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

IL
Ian_Lyons
Oct 24, 2006
Steve,

There is a Preference (see screenshot) that allows you to disable sharpening in ACR. You’re looking to use Previews Only!

BTW: there’s also a forum dedicated to Camera Raw <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bb6a858>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections