EG
Posted By
Edward_Ginsberg
Nov 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I currently use Photoshop 6 which opens with mac OS 9.2. I plan to buy Photoshop 8 which opens with OS 10.3 or 4?

Question: Can I buy Photoshop 8 as an upgrade and, if so, what OS will open the new configuration?

Thanks

Ed Ginsberg

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Nov 19, 2006
Can I buy Photoshop 8 as an upgrade and, if so, what OS will open the new configuration?

No you can’t buy Photoshop 8 as an upgrade. It stopped being sold when Adobe released Photoshop 9. You can buy Photoshop 9 as an upgrade. You will need OSX to run Photoshop 9, 10.2.8 is the lowest system If you don’t have OSX you will need Tiger (10.4.8 ) is the latest version. If you are buying a new Mac it will probably be a Mactel Photoshop 9 doesn’t work all that well on Mactels as it must run in emulation.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Nov 20, 2006
can’t buy Photoshop 8 as an upgrade. It stopped being sold when Adobe released Photoshop 9.

Stopped being sold by Adobe. You may still find it at retailers however. 🙂

And Photoshop 9 runs just dandy on my Intel-Mac, Buko. Actually it runs fabulous. It could merely be a tad faster.
S
SteveV
Nov 20, 2006
Not running fast enough and running fabulous don’t go hand in had usually. 😉

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections