WF
Posted By
Warren_Faidley
Nov 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone have a solution for poor quality thumbnails generated in Photoshop Web Gallery and/or Bridge?

The originals are tack sharp, so that is not the issue. I have tried all the settings (small, medium, large and custom). 75 to 450 dpi. The results are the same — they look blurred. I have also tried reducing the originals to limit data loss during re-sizing, but the results are the same. When the
web galley is created, the thumbnails are very poor quality.

For a test, I used Photoshop (not in the Web Gallery) to re-size the images to the thumbnail size and they looked great, so something in Web Galllery is really messing them up.

Photoshop CS2 v. 9.0.2 on a G5 Mac.

Thanks in advance:

Leo

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Nov 20, 2006
Well they are only thumbnails.

What do you have your resample set to?

I would suggest bicubic sharper.
WF
Warren_Faidley
Nov 20, 2006
I think I found the solution. The web browser’s html mark-up does not display the thumbnails as full sized images. When I downloaded the actual files to my server and went to the main homepage, the thumbnails were sharp.

Leo

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections