BM
Posted By
Ben_McNiel
Nov 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When installing Photoshop CS2 update 9.0.2, I get this message: "Please choose the copy of Adobe Photoshop CS2 to update". This message is noted in this page of the Support Knowledgebase:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/333164.html>

The support page solution is to ignore the Update Manager prompts. But, when the "choose which copy . . ." message is displayed, all Photoshop CS2 icons are grayed out and cannot be selected. Therefore, the only way to ignore the prompts is to click "cancel" and cancel the installation.

Here is the "Background Information" provided.

The file that Adobe Update Manager uses to determine when Photoshop has been updated differs on Mac OS 10.4.x from the one on Mac OS 10.3.x or on an Intel-based Mac. As a result, the Adobe Update Manager fails to register that Photoshop was already updated and continues to show 9.0.1 as uninstalled.

So, anyone know any way to update Photoshop CS2??

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Nov 27, 2006
Is the Photoshop application in its default location? You have not taken the Photoshop icon out of its folder? (That would be a VERY bad move.) You have not moved the Photoshop folder out of the defaults root Applications folder? You have not created any subfolders to hide any of the above?
B
Buko
Nov 27, 2006
are you sure you are not already at 9.0.2?

check the splash screen or about photoshop.
BM
Ben_McNiel
Nov 27, 2006
Ramon, I haven’t moved anything. Everything is in its default location. The "Choose the copy . . ." message is a known error, hence the page in the Knowledgebase. But their solution is not really a solution at all. Cancelling the installation is not a solution, Adobe!!
BM
Ben_McNiel
Nov 27, 2006
Buko, it is my distinct and humble duty to inform you that I am indeed already working in PS 9.0.2. Ahem . . . yeah, there’s no problem here after all. Yeah . . .

One giant slice of Humble Pie at table 2 please!! Thanks. What? Oh, no I’m not blushing. This is my natural color . . .

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections