TL
Posted By
Tom_Lyon
Dec 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need help in adding proof conditions to Photoshop. I have a new Epson 1280 printer after using an Epson 820. When I go to the View menu and choose Proof Setup/Custom, my Epson 1280 conditions are not listed, but my 820 are. What am I missing? Do I need to add the Epson 1280 conditions to Photoshop and if so, how? What folder are they in. I have already downloaded all the Epson printer profiles, but I seem to be missing something. Help! Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Dec 9, 2006
Where did you install the Epson profiles?
TL
Tom_Lyon
Dec 9, 2006
In the Library/Printers/Epson folder
R
Ram
Dec 9, 2006
You need to have the profiles in

Library/ColorSync/Profiles folder.

Reboot your Mac after installation.
TL
Tom_Lyon
Dec 10, 2006
but the profiles in the ColorSync folder have .icc extensions. The profiles in my Epson’s folder are .plugin. Maybe I’m not working with the right files.
JM
John McWilliams
Dec 10, 2006
wrote:
but the profiles in the ColorSync folder have .icc extensions. The profiles in my Epson’s folder are .plugin. Maybe I’m not working with the right files.

I recently added drivers and Profiles for the 7800 and 9800 (the same set does both). The Epson PDF said to put them in the Library-> Colorsync folder, Profiles. Unless you have info that states differently from that, that’s where they should go.

John McWilliams

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections