M
Posted By
maryas7
Dec 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am on a G4 Mac with OSX 10.3.9. I have been using Photoshp 4.0.1 in the classic environment with no problem. We bought my daughter a G5 with OSX 10.4.8 and purchased Photoshop CS2 to install on it. I also installed it on my G4.

I own an Epson Stylus Color 777 and have the latest driver on my G4. When I try to print from Photoshop CS2 I get a generic print window without the usual options. I have no option to choose my media type (I.E. Glossy photo paper, plain paper, etc.) The printing in inferior because of this and I have had to revert to Photoshp 4 to print my final documents.

I have 640 MB of ram and my CPU speed is 1.2 GHz
Is my printer too old for Photoshop CS2?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
John McWilliams
Dec 13, 2006
wrote:
I am on a G4 Mac with OSX 10.3.9. I have been using Photoshp 4.0.1 in the classic environment with no problem. We bought my daughter a G5 with OSX 10.4.8 and purchased Photoshop CS2 to install on it. I also installed it on my G4.

I own an Epson Stylus Color 777 and have the latest driver on my G4. When I try to print from Photoshop CS2 I get a generic print window without the usual options. I have no option to choose my media type (I.E. Glossy photo paper, plain paper, etc.) The printing in inferior because of this and I have had to revert to Photoshp 4 to print my final documents.

I have 640 MB of ram and my CPU speed is 1.2 GHz Is my printer too old for Photoshop CS2?

Dunno, but try holding down Cmd-Option-P to get Print with options. Does it work at all differently on your daughter’s G5?

john mcwilliams
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 13, 2006
That sounds like you may have installed the wrong drivers (GIMP Print) for your printer.

And the printer driver support comes from the OS, not Photoshop.
M
maryas7
Dec 14, 2006
Thank you! The problem is solved. I did some reinstalling and forgot about that.
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 14, 2006
Glad to hear you got it fixed.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections