Anybody having trouble with Epson 1280 profiles when printing?

GW
Posted By
Guy_Welch
Dec 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Out of the blue now, when printing with my Epson 1280, using the option to "Have Photoshop manage color" and selecting an epson 1280 print space, My prints are coming out "Pink"! I let the printer manage color and select Colorsync for color management and everything works fine, so I know my printer is working right. This started happening a couple of days ago on my Mac G5 running OSX 10.4.8, then, out of the blue it started happening to my partner on his Powerbook running OSX 10.4.8- I’m stumped! We’re using Photoshop CS2 9.0.2 and the latest printer driver from epson for power pc.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CB
charles badland
Dec 13, 2006
Have Photoshop manage color

I let the printer manage color

Sounds like double color management. Turn OFF color management in the printer dialog.
GW
Guy_Welch
Dec 13, 2006
Thanks for your reply!
No, To clarify: When I choose to let photoshop manage color, I select "No Color Management" in the print dialog. This is when prints come out pink- even in the preview before I even print.

I’m using the "Let Printer Manage Color" setting as a temporary fix and chosing ColorSync to manage color in the print dialog. The prints come out good, but not as exact as they used to just days ago using photoshop to manage color.

This made me think the profiles were corrup, but after reinstalling them, I get the same results.
CB
charles badland
Dec 13, 2006
OK. I mis-read your post.
See if any advice in this similar thread helps:
Elev Man, "Printing Gone Wild" #2, 30 Jul 2006 4:58 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/1>
B
Buko
Dec 13, 2006
This is a great resource for setting up colormanagement and your printer

<http://www.gballard.net/psd.html>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections