MG
Posted By
Morton_Grossman
Mar 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an iMac "Jaguar’ running OS 10.2.8 and am using the trial version of Elements, and am definitely planning to buy it. Beth Haney solved my initial problem of adding captions to photos.

To create a PDF slideshow, after browsing and selecting the files I want, Help tells me that "to rearrange the files, click and drag them into a new position" but it doesn’t do that, the files stay in the same position. The only way I can get them in the right order is to select them in the right order in the first place. Why can’t I rearrange the files by dragging as I can in iPhoto?

Help also says "If you want to remove a file from the list, select the file name and then click the Remove button. I can’t find a Remove button. The only way I can remove a file is to drag it to the trash.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Mar 1, 2004
Unfortunately, the sequencing problem you’re experiencing with the PDF slideshow is an "oversight" by Adobe and seems to effect only Macs. Many of us are hoping that will get corrected in the next version (although personally I think they should have posted a fix by now.)

Someone else will have to address the problem with the Remove button, because I haven’t worked with the slideshow feature enough to know the answer.
MR
Mark_Reibman
Mar 1, 2004
On this subject, in Panther, Preview takes over Acrobat Reader (it obliterates the application) and therefore pdf slideshow. Preview is great, its fast, it’s simple but I don’t know a way of making a slideshow with this change.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Mar 1, 2004
Hey Mark,

I just created a slide show and it opened and it played no problem with Acrobat. Click on your slide show and then Get Info. Choose Open With>Acrobat Reader and you should be ok.

Joe
MR
Mark_Reibman
Mar 2, 2004
Thanks Joe,

Initially Panther sort of vaporized my acrobat reader. I downloaded reader 6 and was able to use it for pdf slideshow as you stated. I’d probably prefer creating my slideshow in quicktime with iPhoto but if I ever need pdf I know I can do it now.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Mar 2, 2004
Yeah I don’t use the PDF slideshow feature very often either. Only when I have to send my Window’s using relatives photos, otherwise I do my slideshows in iPhoto, iMovie or iDVD.

Joe
GW
greg_wallis
Mar 4, 2004
Have just put a lengthy slideshow together myself and i never had the problem of not being able to reorganise the files and im also working a mac jaguar 10.2.8.

it helps to give the files obvious clear names as its only their names that appear in the slideshow window.Click on a name and highlight it and then drag it up or down in the sorting order….if you drag it upo out of the box it will scroll right to the top.

With the slideshow function you can only choose a set time to display each slide. You can get around this by importing multiple copies of the one image and then using the dissolve mode to dissolve them into each other……this way some will display for 2 seconds and others for 4 or whatever.

hope this has been some help.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Mar 4, 2004
You can get around this by importing multiple copies of the one image and then using the dissolve mode to dissolve them into each other……this way some will display for 2 seconds and others for 4 or whatever.

Very clever Greg! I never would have thought of that.

Joe

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections