Should I import my PSD into IND for the type?

GF
Posted By
Gillian_Frances_Keeley
Jan 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello there 🙂
I’ve been working more in AI, GL & IND lately, still trying to get up to speed in PS!

I’m creating a banner for an exhibition. It’s going to be digitally printed at relatively low res. (150ppi). I’ve created the doc initially in PS because there’s a lot of imagery and the disguising of some poor quality source images with filters to be done.

If I create the typography in Photoshop, will it be blurrier in the final digital output than if I export the page base into IND?

I’m a bit nervous aboput the idea of rasterizing my text.

I wonder if Photoshop might serve well for creative headers, but not for anything longer than a sentance.

Am I right?

Love Gill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jan 11, 2007
save as PDF to keep type vector
GF
Gillian_Frances_Keeley
Jan 11, 2007
Thanks Buko…
🙂
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jan 12, 2007
Your text will be at output resolution of the device. The RIP is the factor. It may or may not hold your vector type as vectors. Then again, it might not matter if it’s an ink jet device.
B
Bernie
Jan 12, 2007
" save as PDF to keep type vector"
Do you mean, save as a PDF from PS or IND?

Thanks
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 12, 2007
He means Photoshop in this case but it can just as well be ID.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jan 12, 2007
Hmm… Beer or Rum this time….
B
Bernie
Jan 12, 2007
I see.
One point I am not clear on.
Does one flatten the PS file before exporting as a PDF?
B
Buko
Jan 12, 2007
No, not if you don’t want to.

I don’t.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections