Status
Closed
Problem images at:
<http://photos.yahoo.com/sweetmandy223/>
(click on "All sweetmandy223 photos"

G5 Power Mac (Dual)
Mac OS X, 10.3.9
Photoshop CS2

I have been using Photoshop for years, CS2 since the day it came out. I have never had anything like this happen. Go to the link above to see the images.

I have been working all day with this PSD I created today: I’ve saved, saved as, edited, closed, reopened, etc., with no problems. The original images in the PSD I have been working with for weeks.

A bit ago, I open this file to resize via Image Size and instead of easy-going goodness, I got the screwy image at the link above. I couldn’t figure out what happened, so I closed the file without saving and reopened, but it still had a big mash up of a vector logo – even though I hadn’t saved.

I restarted Photoshop, reopened the file and everything was kosher. I tried to resize again and the same thing happened. As I looked through all my layers, I realized this vector logo that was on a hidden layer had munched it’s way through all of my adjustment layer masks, color fills and even a locked background without my consent.

I restarted and reopened, but this time did a save as. I deleted all of the hidden layers and tried the resize AGAIN. This time it worked and I got the "okay" version with no hiccups.

Anyone else EVER seen this before? The vector layer was a smart object, no repeats, just the single white logo in one place, and the layer was turned off.

Let me know! It freaked me out. Thanks,

Amanda

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Jan 18, 2007
Can’t remember ever having had a case like this.
You mean the masks were actually blackened (or whitened) in some relation to a hidden smart-object?
2LT
Jan 18, 2007
when turning layers off, set the opacity to 0 also

(not a solution, a suggestion)
AH
Amanda_Henson
Jan 18, 2007
Christoph –

That’s exactly what happened. I’ll see if I can duplicate it again this morning and post some screen caps. Of all the thousands of PSDs I’ve worked with, I’ve never seen it do that before!

Amanda

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections