MR
Posted By
Mark_Reynolds
Jan 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK – its a small thing but you used to be able to do this in version 5…

While you are in quick mask mode it used to be possible to still load selections from layer masks by command clicking on them – directly in the layers palette. In this way it was possible to modify the quick mask with selections loaded from layer masks easily. And using option and shift it was also possible to do quite complex operations easily by adding and subtracting areas.

You can still do it but it now requires both layers and channels palettes to be open at the same time and you have to activate each layer so that its mask displays as a channels thumbnail – and this is time consuming.

I cant see any reason why this was changed really (think it happened in version 6 or 7) – now its just annoying when you instinctively want to load a selection from the mask data and nothing happens if you are in quickmask mode.

Does anyone know why this changed?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 22, 2007
Works for me in CS. Don’t know about CS2.
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Jan 24, 2007
well it doesn’t work for me. I’m on but CS2 seem to remember this problem existing for a while – maybe its part of the new layer functionality introduced in CS2.
CB
charles badland
Jan 24, 2007
Works in CS
Does not work in CS2
Back to working again in CS3
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Jan 31, 2007
Thanks Charles good to know

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections