JL
Posted By
Jeanne_Lorenzo
Jan 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am getting jagged type in Photoshop (every font) even though the same font is perfect in Illustrator and Quark. I was having font problems and someone at Quark told me to clean out my font caches. I am not sure if this is when I started having problems.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CB
charles badland
Jan 27, 2007
First check the Type Tool (or Character Palette) options and make sure you have anti-aliasing on.
E
eLaurentiu
Jan 27, 2007
… that, and file resolution.
P
paradoxmoon
Jan 28, 2007
Make sure you’re viewing at 100%. (or 50%, 25%…)
S
Shep123
Jan 29, 2007
Depending on which version of PS you’re using, there is a setting for the type tool that lets you control it’s anti-aliasing. If it is set to none, you’ll see jagged text. Try setting it to sharp, strong, crisp or smooth. In CS1&2 this setting is along the top underneath the menu.

Paradoxm is also correct in that if you are at a specific zoom level, everything (not just text) will look choppy. One more click of the mouse wheel and it will get crisp again.

On Jan 26, 11:54 pm, wrote:
I am getting jagged type in Photoshop (every font) even though the same font is perfect in Illustrator and Quark. I was having font problems and someone at Quark told me to clean out my font caches. I am not sure if this is when I started having problems.
KS
Kristen_Sams
Jan 29, 2007
Is it jagged when printed?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections