SS
Posted By
Sam_S._Bishop
Jan 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Adobe Photoshop 5.0 on an Apple computer with a 9.0 operating system. I am purchasing a new Apple computer (24" iMAC) with a 10.4(?) operating system. One of the requirements for a Photoshop upgrade is that "to install (the) upgrade successfully, (I) will need a licensed version of any version of Adobe Photoshop, on the same platform." I have a serial # and a customer ID#. What I don’t know is whether Photoshop 5.0 can be installed on the new Apple iMACs that run on 10.4(?) system software (UNIX based). And if I can’t, how do I load the Photoshop upgrade CD on my new iMAC if it cannot find the old Adobe Photoshop software? I can’t get through to Adobe. I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Jan 29, 2007
Sam,

Every upgrade is a FULL installer. If it doesn’t find a previous version installed, it will simply prompt you for the old serial number, as well as the new one.

You don’t need to install ANY previous version.
B
Buko
Jan 29, 2007
You may need to call customer service as Photoshop 5 had the old style serial number
SS
Sam_S._Bishop
Jan 29, 2007
Thank you for your reply. It’s a big help.

Sam

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections