PM
Posted By
Paul_Melzer
Jan 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m pretty sure this is a newbie question: I have a greyscale image that I want to make color. What I want is to make all the black/grey elements into the single color (instead of a greyscale based on black and densities thereof, a colorscale based on a single hue and its densities). Not even sure if this question is clear, sorry.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DR
Donald_Reese
Feb 1, 2007
May not be what you are after,but maybe hue/sat and check the colorize box,and then play with the hue slider to get your color.
PF
Peter_Figen
Feb 1, 2007
You might want to make a new RGB or CMYK document exactly the pixel dimension of your current grayscale document. Then select all and copy the grayscale image. Move over to your newly created blank document and then paste the copied grayscale INTO the appropriate channel of the new image.
J
JasonSmith
Feb 1, 2007
Another suggestion, convert said greyscale image to RGB or CMYK, and create a Gradient Map Adjustment layer, and select what colors you want. Basically remaps your black to (X) color, and white to (Y) color.
PM
Paul_Melzer
Feb 1, 2007
Thank you both so much. Jason, your solution was the one I tried first and it worked perfect. I KNEW the answer was something simple.
Grazi, Paul

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections