Posted By
Aspirant
Nov 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is a long story.

I’m a registered user of PS CS2. I installed Jaguar as a clean install. I copied all of my CS2 files from my previous system folder to the new one, including those in the Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe folder.

But when I launch PS2 I still get a message, "One or more files in the Adobe Application Support folder, necessary for running Photoshop, are missing. Please run the Photoshop installer and re-install Photoshop." I’m sure that I reinstalled all of the necessary files, but did I perhaps miss something from another folder?

The problem is that I upgraded to CS2 from v. 9.X, and only have the CS2 updater software. I tossed out the older version of PS long ago. I would need to install this and then do the update again. Neither this nor the full CS2 installer are available, at least on the Adobe site. Maybe they are available elsewhere?

Adobe tech support was of little help, only wanting me to upgrade to CS3 for $200. CS2 works fine in Jaguar, so far as I’ve seen.

Any help/advice?

Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JN
Jim Nason
Feb 3, 2008
On 2007-11-14 14:56:23 -0500, Aspirant said:

This is a long story.

I’m a registered user of PS CS2. I installed Jaguar as a clean install. I copied all of my CS2 files from my previous system folder to the new one, including those in the Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe folder.

But when I launch PS2 I still get a message, "One or more files in the Adobe Application Support folder, necessary for running Photoshop, are missing. Please run the Photoshop installer and re-install Photoshop." I’m sure that I reinstalled all of the necessary files, but did I perhaps miss something from another folder?

The problem is that I upgraded to CS2 from v. 9.X, and only have the CS2 updater software. I tossed out the older version of PS long ago. I would need to install this and then do the update again. Neither this nor the full CS2 installer are available, at least on the Adobe site. Maybe they are available elsewhere?

Adobe tech support was of little help, only wanting me to upgrade to CS3 for $200. CS2 works fine in Jaguar, so far as I’ve seen.
Any help/advice?

Thanks!

Why do you toss your orignal disks? I have my orginals back until I irst purchased the product, and I burn every update to CD in case I ever need to rebuild the system. I do this a this at work in my 50 server datacenter I manage and I do it at home. Good practice. Saves headaches.

Otherwise contact Adobe,,, I find their technical support excellent.

jen … not.. home…//// yahoo… com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections