Posted By
Jeffrey_Spencer
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,
I just recently got PhotoShop Elements 2.0. I was wondering if anyone knows if there’s a way to take a single image or pdf and have it print on multiple sheets of paper that can be tape together. In the simplest form, you can do a banner this way. I’d like to be able to go one step better and choose how many pages wide and how many pages tall. Thus, I could take a single 8.5×11 image and tell it to print on 2×2 and get an image that is 2 pages tall and 2 pages wide, (4 sheets of paper).

If PSE doesn’t do this, does anyone know of a program that might? I’m not worried about image quality and I realize that the bigger the picture becomes, the worse the picture will look. That’s not a problem.

Thanks,
Jeff

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PD
Pete_D
Apr 1, 2004
Jeff,

I believe that most HP printers have this capability. Often called "tiling" in the printer set up window.
RW
randy_white
Apr 1, 2004
Epson printers also have this capability, however, you can only print 2×2 sheets, 3×3 sheets or 4×4 sheets. A program called Picture Window from Digital Light & Color will allow you to print with any number of sheets both vertically and horizontally. You can check Picture Window out at: <http://www.dl-c.com/Temp/>
DW
Don_Wong
Apr 1, 2004
Hi….I can’t figure out how to select the tiling feature. When I go to File–>Print–>Advanced–>Print Settings, the ‘Tiling’ option is default to "None" and everything is greyed out. I can’t click to select ‘Automatic’. This happens with my 2 inkjets at home (Canon S530D & Epson C82) and the laserjet at work (HP 4500N).

I’m using Acrobat Writer 5.0. Am I missing a settings or do I need a plug-in or do I have to upgrade Acrobat?

Thanks in advance!

Don
JS
Jeffrey_Spencer
Apr 1, 2004
I have a canon i950. I’ll have to see if it has that feature..

I did find this shareware program that will do it:

<http://alliancesoft.org/quickimager.html>

It’s worth the $20 to register if I can’t get my print drivers to do it..

As for images in PDF files, I can use PSE to open the image and save it as a jpeg..
JS
Jeffrey_Spencer
Apr 3, 2004
well duh, my canon drivers have a "poster print" setting that does what I want. It pays to dig sometimes 🙂
WS
Walt_Schmidt
Apr 3, 2004
Don –

I, too, have the tiling options "gray’d out." My printer, HP LaserJet 1200 series…

Anyone have any ideas?
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 3, 2004
I don’t know about the software for your 1200, but I have noticed in other apps that sometimes an option is grayed out unless I have something open that can make use of it. ???
MP
Molly_Pollard
Apr 4, 2004
Hi Jeffrey,

Please check out the info I gave to another poster on a similar topic:

Molly Pollard "tileing to make a larger than life picture (poster)" 4/3/04 7:00pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/3>

(I really hope that link works. I’m kinda new to this.)

Molly
DW
Don_Wong
Apr 4, 2004
Walt,

I found the answer in an earlier Adobe Forums posting! It’s as simple as switching over to the Post Script drivers of your laserjet (although you may need to ask your LAN Admin for rights). As soon as I did that, the tiling option was NO LONGER grayed out!!

Unfortunately, I don’t have Post Script drivers for my 2 inkjets at home, but thanks to Jeffrey’s suggestions about poster printing, I was able to approximate tiling. As Jeffrey said, first, select poster printing for your inkjet. Then: 2) select 2×2 or 3×3 or 4×4, 3) select portrait or landscape, and lastly – THIS IS IMPORTANT – 4) on the Acrobat Print page, place checkmarks in "Shrink oversized pages to paper size" and "Auto-rotate and center pages". The first checkmark tells your printer you want to print the entire PDF (otherwise, you’d end up with a poster sized copy of the center or corner of the PDF). Selecting 2×2 or 3×3 or 4×4 determines the font size of each individual page.

Hope this helps…..thanks Jeffrey and everyone else!

Don

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections