Posted By
Garrett_Connelly
Apr 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I was thinking of upgrading Photoshop 7 but I am in a rural area of Massachusetts and my web browser is too slow for the new Adobe site (it takes my modem a long time just to load the graphics to see the forum).

I think I saw a choice between regular Photoshop and the one for videos called "Extended", I checked the one for videos because kids are into it but could never find a way back to regular photoshop for photos.

Was I mistaken? Is Photoshop now considered to include a videoshop or is there something like regular old Photoshop for people who don’t do much with videos?

Thanks,

Garrett

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Apr 8, 2008
Photoshop extended has some scientific features you may never use you should check the difference at the store. But as before Photoshop is pretty much for still images. People make things that go into videos with Photoshop but you can’t make videos with photoshop.

If you are going to upgrade now is the time before CS4 is released.
GC
Garrett_Connelly
Apr 8, 2008
Thanks Buko,

I did it!

The new Adobe web site graphics is way slow on my modem and my passwords went obsolete with the new layouts, so I tried to phone, but the wait there was so long and the muzak so hyper jittery I fled the phone and finally formulated new passwords, it took two tries but I eventually badgered my way into the system and spent some money (it was not an easy thing to do, stretched my fairly serene sculptor’s patience to the max).

Garrett
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 8, 2008
The Adobe On-line Store web site has become a nightmare since the Macromedia people stuck their oars in.

I became so exasperated by it that I finally ordered my CS3 Premium Design from Amazon.com and not directly from Adobe at all.
R
Ram
Apr 8, 2008
Amazon has much better service and better prices anyway.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections