KC
Posted By
kevin_costner
Jul 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using PS 3 Extended 10.01 on a Macbook Pro with Leopard. I’ve imported video from Premiere & I would like to edit each frame in exactly the same way. I’d like to use the eraser tool to erase almost everything in the frames. I can do this 1 frame at a time, but there are 160 frames so it would take too long. Also, I want the erasure of each frame to be the same, & if I do it 1 frame at a time, each one will be slightly different. How can I make a uniform erasure of all 160 frames at the same time? I treid using the "actions" command, but it didn’t work. I may be using it incorrectly. Thanks for your help!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 13, 2008
Hi Kevin,

I do have a suggestion which may not be the best way but it’s the best I can think of just now. You were on the right track thinking Actions but figuring out how to set up the action was probably the sticking point. My suggestion starts with creating an original ‘erase layer’.

Open the first frame you wish to work on.

Double click on the background layer to make it a floating layer.

Duplicate that layer.

Turn off visibility of the top layer. (You can Option click on the visibility eyeball of the layer you wish to remain visible.)

On the lower layer do your erasing to transparency.

When you’re satisfied, Command Click on the ‘erase’ layer to load a selection and fill that selection with black.

Now Option Click in the layers palette on the line between the two layers. The original image on top, the black selection fill below. You’ve just created a clipping mask.

Now Select All of the clipping mask and copy it. Open a new image with a transparent background and paste your black mask.

Save the file.

Now you should be able to create an action which opens a new frame, makes the background layer floating, Places the ‘clipping image,’ moves it below the frame layer, Option clicks on the line between the two to make a clipping mask, merge the visible layers and save the frame.

Good Luck!
KC
kevin_costner
Jul 13, 2008
thanks a lot!
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 13, 2008
When you’re satisfied, Command Click on the ‘erase’ layer to load a selection and fill that selection with black.

That should have been… Command Click on the icon of the erase layer in the layers palette to load a selection and fill that selection with black.

(I just re-read those directions and realized that my original might have been confusing.)
JT
John_T_Smith
Jul 14, 2008
I’ve never needed to do that, so don’t know if this will help or not, but you might read or ask in the scripting forum

Photoshop Scripting Forum
<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?13@@.3bbf2765>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections